Re: SELECT very slow

From: PFC <lists(at)boutiquenumerique(dot)com>
To: "Thomas Kellerer" <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: SELECT very slow
Date: 2005-06-15 20:04:08
Lists: pgsql-sql

> It's not the program or Java. The same program takes about 20 seconds
> with Firebird and the exactly same data.

Hm, that's still very slow (it should do it in a couple seconds like my
PC does... maybe the problem is common to postgres and firebird ?)

Try eliminating disk IO by writing a set returning function which returns
1000000 rows, something simple like just a sequence number and a text
value... if this is slow too... i don't know... do you have an antivirus
or zonealarm or something ?

Have you tried connecting from another machine ?