Re: delivering database stand-alone

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: delivering database stand-alone
Date: 2003-09-04 03:26:32
Lists: pgsql-general

DCorbit(at)connx(dot)com ("Dann Corbit") wrote:
> Something else to consider:
> http://www.garret.ru/~knizhnik/databases.html
>
> All freely available and open source. They all use OO paradigm, and so
> will be uncomfortable for those who are not used to it.

FastDB was claimed to be really really fast. Unfortunately, it
doesn't appear as though it has seen a great deal of enhancements over
the last couple of years. It wouldn't surprise me if the recent
changes to the PG optimizer put it ahead for many cases...
--
let name="aa454" and tld="freenet.carleton.ca" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/sgml.html