Re: Passing parameters to triggers

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: hs(at)cybertec(dot)at
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Passing parameters to triggers
Date: 2002-03-20 16:45:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hans-Jürgen Schönig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at> writes:

> I have a severe problem when working with PL/pgSQL triggers. Somehow the
> problem seems to be strange. Here is the code:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION checkint () RETURNS opaque AS
> '
> BEGIN
> IF TG_OP = ''DELETE'' THEN
> RAISE NOTICE ''% wert'', TG_ARGV[0];
> DELETE FROM TG_ARGV[0];

You need to construct a query on the fly using EXECUTE, since queries
are preparsed in PL/pgSQL. So it would be:

EXECUTE ''DELETE FROM '' || TG_ARGV[0] ;

-Doug
--
Doug McNaught Wireboard Industries http://www.wireboard.com/

Custom software development, systems and network consulting.
Java PostgreSQL Enhydra Python Zope Perl Apache Linux BSD...