Re: referential integrity constraints not checked inside PL/pgSQL functions?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: referential integrity constraints not checked inside PL/pgSQL functions?
Date: 2004-05-13 11:59:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Supposing you drop the "delete from b;" from the function, you'll find
that the function fails with much the same error message you had
before.

Evidently that foreign key check gets _deferred_ in the context of the
stored procedure. It is indeed checked; just not at the point you
expect it to be checked at.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/advocacy.html