Re: XLByte* usage

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com>, Pavan Deolasee <pavan(dot)deolasee(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: XLByte* usage
Date: 2012-12-18 12:14:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> In 2) unfortunately one has to make decision in which way to simplify
> negated XLByte(LT|LE) expressions. I tried to make that choice very
> careful and when over every change several times after that, so I hope
> there aren't any bad changes, but more eyeballs are needed.

+ if (lsn > PageGetLSN(page))
+ if (lsn >= PageGetLSN(page))
+ if (lsn <= PageGetLSN(page))
+ if (max_lsn < this_lsn)

My only comment here would be that I would like it much better that the
code always use the same operators, and as we read from left to right,
that we pick < and <=.

Dimitri Fontaine