Re: Command Triggers

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Command Triggers
Date: 2012-02-17 14:04:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Btw, we already have a GUC for triggers: session_replication_role,
> how will the command triggers follow that?

Note that the replica here in my mind would have been an Hot Standby
node, and having the standby run the replica/always command triggers is
not implemented yet, because you can't run DDL on the standby.

Now that you mention it we should also provide support the GUC here and
only fire the triggers matching it. I'm working on that now.

Dimitri Fontaine