INITDB doesn't create views

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL HACKERS)
Subject: INITDB doesn't create views
Date: 1999-12-17 15:37:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Peter Eisentraut changed initdb.sh with a patch, applied by
Bruce into revision 1.66. CVS log shows

> This is my -- hopefully sufficiently portable -- attempt at cleaning out
> initdb. No more obscure dependencies on environment variables or paths.
> It
> now finds the templates and the right postgres itself (with cmd line
> options as fallback). It also no longer depends on $USER (su safe), and
> doesn't advertise that --username allows you to install the db as a
> different user, since that doesn't work anyway. Also, recovery and
> cleanup
> on all errors. Consistent options, clearer documentation.

Peter, the backslash escapes to the newlines in CREATE
TABLE/CREATE RULE where there for a good reason. Even if a
shell might accept multiline strings in echo, the interactive
backend interface doesn't.

They are missing in your CREATE VIEW replacements. Now, all
the views (pg_user, ...) aren't created.

Please fix that.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #