plain text difference with pg_dump

From: "Sabin Coanda" <sabin(dot)coanda(at)deuromedia(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plain text difference with pg_dump
Date: 2009-03-26 14:53:55
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi there,

I have two databases DD and DP. DD is used for development, and DP in
production.
After develop something on DD, a diff package is made and it upgrades DP.
Normally after that DD has to be identically with DP.

The problem is when I check the structure difference between DD and DP. My
procedure is to use pg_dump to make a plain text dump of the two databases,
and compare them, ignoring the comments. All the procedures are sorted
identically, excepting those with the same name, but different arguments.

Do you know a method to get the same text dump ?

TIA,
Sabin