A bit confused about Postgres Plus

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A bit confused about Postgres Plus
Date: 2008-12-17 09:40:18
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-www

Hi,

as the Enterprise DB distribution ("One Click Installer") seems to be the recommendation from the Postgres team for a binary download, I wonder what the exact difference between Postgres and Postgres Plus is.

I can't find a direct comparison ("feature matrix") of the three EnterpriseDB offerings on their website. When I click on the Postgres Plus documentation, there is a link to an "Oracle Compatibility Guide" which even includes references to the implementation of the CONNECT BY operator and a PL/SQL compatible language.

Does this mean, these features are available in the Postgres Plus package, or is it still only available in the Advanced Server?

I also find the Pricing overview page a bit confusing. The "Support Limitations" show "Non-Production Applications only" for Postgres and Postgres Plus. I assume this limitation only refers to the support subscription but not to the usage of those products, right?

Regards
Thomas