Re: how to clean up temporary schemas (how to sync the system table with pg_dump)

From: Gary Fu <gfu(at)saicmodis(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to clean up temporary schemas (how to sync the system table with pg_dump)
Date: 2008-06-06 13:35:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Gary Fu <gfu(at)saicmodis(dot)com> writes:
>> My question now is why those temporary schemas won't be cleaned
>> after I restart the db ?
>
> Just leave them alone and you'll be fine. These tools actually have
> had most of the bugs worked out of them ;-) ... if you think pg_dump is
> omitting something, you are probably mistaken.
>
> regards, tom lane

Thanks for the response. Yes, normally it will be okay. However, when
I tried PgAdmin with Pgpool, it will cause problem. The PgAdmin will
try to access pg_namespace when making a connection to a db, if the
temporary schemas are different between the backend db servers,
the pgpool will return mismatch error and fail the PgAdmin connection.

Thanks,
Gary