undefined relations in pg_locks

From: "Sabin Coanda" <sabin(dot)coanda(at)deuromedia(dot)ro>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: undefined relations in pg_locks
Date: 2008-04-07 08:56:35
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi there,

Sorry I repeat a problem which concerned me since two months, but I got no
answer. It's not clear for me whether it is trivial or without a solution. I
promisse not to repeat it in the future if I will give no answer this time
too.

So, I'm working with "PostgreSQL 8.2.3 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by
GCC gcc (GCC) 4.0.2 20051125 (Red Hat 4.0.2-8)";

I have a procedure where a dead-lock occurs, and I'm trying to find the
tables involved in the lock.

A little description of how my procedure works maybe helps. So I have a loop
where I call a second procedure with exception trapping. At its turn, it
calls a third procedure. I guess an exception may occur in the third
procedure, where I use a temporary table. When an exception occurs, I guess
my temporary table table is not dropped, and this may lock the process when
another call try to create that temporary table again. Could be this
scenario what there happens to me ?

Unfortunatelly, I don't find the related objects of the oids of "relation"
field. Also all the fields "classid" and "objid" are null.
May I suppose there were references to temporary tables?
However, how cand I get the related objects involved in this lock, by other
way than analyse deeply in the code ?

TIA,
Sabin