Antw: Re: File for /src/backend/port/netware

Lists: pgsql-patches
From: "Ulrich Neumann" <U_Neumann(at)gne(dot)de>
To: < <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>>
Subject: Antw: Re: File for /src/backend/port/netware
Date: 2002-08-14 23:00:14
Lists: pgsql-patches

Hi Tom,

i'm sorry that you say that.
I know a lot of people that want to use PostgreSQL on NetWare.

The .mcp file is a Metrowerks project file, not a binary. It's the
same
way it's done with Apache, Apache2, PHP4 and MySQL on NetWare.

I've found two unused files I have removed now.

If you don't like the .mcp file it might be possible to store this file
elsewhere
similar to the NT-Support files and just put a readme.txt file there
that
describes where to find the project file and what to do with it.

I'm also working on getting the other sourcefiles smaller and maybe to
make them obsolete at all.

If I can do anything else please let me know. I really like PostgreSQL
and there are also big companies waiting for it on NetWare.

Ulrich

"Ulrich Neumann" <U_Neumann(at)gne(dot)de> writes:
> [ 1.5 megabytes of Netware-specific stuff to be added to the ports
> directory ]

This seems a quite unreasonably large amount of stuff to expect us to
maintain for one port. Especially when half of it is a binary file
that we won't even be able to read, much less maintain.

Perhaps it's time to give up the notion that Netware is a reasonable
platform for us to consider supporting.

regards, tom lane

This e-mail is virus scanned
Diese e-mail ist virusgeprueft

Attachment Content-Type Size
netware.zip application/x-zip-compressed 171.9 KB