Re: help

Lists: pgsql-sql
From: Nicholas I <nicholas(dot)domnic(dot)i(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: help
Date: 2010-05-05 03:05:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi,

I have a table in which the data's are entered like,

Example:

One (1)
Two (2)
Three (3)

I want to extract the data which is only within the parentheses.

that is
1
2
3

Thank You
Nicholas I

From: Filip Rembiałkowski <plk(dot)zuber(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Nicholas I <nicholas(dot)domnic(dot)i(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: help
Date: 2010-05-07 15:24:30
Lists: pgsql-sql

select substring( data from '\((.*)\)' ) from table;

--
Filip Rembiałkowski
JID,mailto:filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com

Or even simpler, or easier to understand:

SELECT trim(foo, '()') FROM foobar

pozdrowienia / regards / salutations
mk