Re: SQL 2003 conformance

Lists: pgsql-docs
From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL 2003 conformance
Date: 2004-10-12 17:52:24
Lists: pgsql-docs

Is anyone feeling masochistic and wants to review the SQL standards
conformance chapter in the documentation for SQL 2003? I know that
several features were added or revised for SQL 2003 conformance, so it
would be nice to have that documented for the 8.0 release.

I think an overview of how the structure of SQL 2003 differs from SQL
1999 would also help the group to analyse the individual feature groups
more quickly.

--
Peter Eisentraut

I have a couple of the new features written up, but nothing
like an entire review. If someone can tackle this job
and wants help, I'll help (but I cannot sign up for the
whole thing). Or if someone wants the material
on the items I have done, just email me.

--elein
elein(at)varlena(dot)com

On Tue, Oct 12, 2004 at 07:52:24PM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Is anyone feeling masochistic and wants to review the SQL standards
> conformance chapter in the documentation for SQL 2003? I know that
> several features were added or revised for SQL 2003 conformance, so it
> would be nice to have that documented for the 8.0 release.
>
> I think an overview of how the structure of SQL 2003 differs from SQL
> 1999 would also help the group to analyse the individual feature groups
> more quickly.
>
> --
> Peter Eisentraut
> http://developer.postgresql.org/~petere/

> I have a couple of the new features written up, but nothing
> like an entire review. If someone can tackle this job
> and wants help, I'll help (but I cannot sign up for the
> whole thing). Or if someone wants the material
> on the items I have done, just email me.

I was not asking for a review of the new features, I was talking about
reviewing (revising, updating, ...) the existing SQL conformance
feature list in the documentation.

--
Peter Eisentraut