Re: [GENERAL] Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java

Lists: pgsql-adminpgsql-general
From: Никоноров Григорий <smex(at)mail(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error while compiling PostgreSQL with Java
Date: 2007-11-25 16:32:48
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general

Hello!

I have a problem. I try to install PostgreSQL from source with java. I
Installed JDK, ANT properly but when i try to configure i have an error -
Warning.Ignored options - --with-java. Please help me !

[root(at)lab01 /]# export|grep java
declare -x JAVA_HOME="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03"
declare -x OLDPWD="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03/bin"
declare -x
PATH="/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03/bin:"

[root(at)lab01 rep]# java -version
java version "1.6.0_03"
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.6.0_03-b05, mixed mode)

[root(at)lab01 /]# ant -version
Apache Ant version 1.6.5 compiled on August 30 2006

config.status: creating GNUmakefile
config.status: creating src/Makefile.global
config.status: creating src/include/pg_config.h
config.status: src/include/pg_config.h is unchanged
config.status: creating src/interfaces/ecpg/include/ecpg_config.h
config.status: src/interfaces/ecpg/include/ecpg_config.h is unchanged
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/tas/dummy.s to
src/backend/port/tas.s
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/dynloader/linux.c to
src/backend/port/dynloader.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/sysv_sema.c to
src/backend/port/pg_sema.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/sysv_shmem.c to
src/backend/port/pg_shmem.c
config.status: linking ./src/backend/port/dynloader/linux.h to
src/include/dynloader.h
config.status: linking ./src/include/port/linux.h to
src/include/pg_config_os.h
config.status: linking ./src/makefiles/Makefile.linux to src/Makefile.port
configure: WARNING: option ignored: --with-java

Thanks in advance!

> I have a problem. I try to install PostgreSQL from source with java. I
> Installed JDK, ANT properly but when i try to configure i have an error -
> Warning.Ignored options - --with-java. Please help me !

PostgreSQL has no such option. You may be looking for the JDBC driver. If
so, see http://jdbc.postgresql.org/.

--
Peter Eisentraut

>> I have a problem. I try to install PostgreSQL from source with java. I
>> Installed JDK, ANT properly but when i try to configure i have an error -
>> Warning.Ignored options - --with-java. Please help me !
>
> PostgreSQL has no such option. You may be looking for the JDBC driver. If
> so, see http://jdbc.postgresql.org/.

Yes, this answer has been provided to the OP already.

--
Lew