Re: psql missing tab completion for extensions

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psql missing tab completion for extensions
Date: 2013-08-15 07:51:32
Lists: pgsql-hackers

psql is missing tab completion for \dx (or more usfully, for \dx+).

Attached patch fixes this.

Do we consider this a bugfix and backpatch (at least to 9.3? even
though the problem goes back further), or head only?

--
Magnus Hagander
Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql_extensions_complete.patch application/octet-stream 1.3 KB

> psql is missing tab completion for \dx (or more usfully, for \dx+).
> Attached patch fixes this.

> Do we consider this a bugfix and backpatch (at least to 9.3? even
> though the problem goes back further), or head only?

Sounds like a feature to me. I wouldn't object to sneaking it into
9.3 though.

regards, tom lane

> > psql is missing tab completion for \dx (or more usfully, for \dx+).
> > Attached patch fixes this.
>
> > Do we consider this a bugfix and backpatch (at least to 9.3? even
> > though the problem goes back further), or head only?
>
> Sounds like a feature to me. I wouldn't object to sneaking it into
> 9.3 though.

Agreed.

Thanks,

Stephen

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:26 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net> wrote:
>> Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> writes:
>> > psql is missing tab completion for \dx (or more usfully, for \dx+).
>> > Attached patch fixes this.
>>
>> > Do we consider this a bugfix and backpatch (at least to 9.3? even
>> > though the problem goes back further), or head only?
>>
>> Sounds like a feature to me. I wouldn't object to sneaking it into
>> 9.3 though.
>
> Agreed.

Done.

--