Re: How to uninstall Postgres on Iinux.

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Ly Lam Ngoc Bich <ly(dot)bich(at)ais(dot)cmc(dot)osaka-u(dot)ac(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to uninstall Postgres on Iinux.
Date: 2005-10-06 03:13:51
Lists: pgsql-general

I am using Linux Fedora 3 . I've installed Postgres with
postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz package , so there is no rpm package when I
check with
rpm -qa|grep postgresql

Please show me the way to uninstall PostgresSQL.

Sincerly yours,

Ly Lam Ngoc Bich <ly(dot)bich(at)ais(dot)cmc(dot)osaka-u(dot)ac(dot)jp> writes:

> I am using Linux Fedora 3 . I've installed Postgres with
> postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz package , so there is no rpm package when I
> check with
> rpm -qa|grep postgresql
>
> Please show me the way to uninstall PostgresSQL.

You should be able to go into the source directory where you compiled
PG and do 'make uninstall'.

-Doug

On 10/6/05, Ly Lam Ngoc Bich <ly(dot)bich(at)ais(dot)cmc(dot)osaka-u(dot)ac(dot)jp> wrote:
> I am using Linux Fedora 3 . I've installed Postgres with
> postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz package , so there is no rpm package when I
> check with
> rpm -qa|grep postgresql
>
> Please show me the way to uninstall PostgresSQL.
>
> Sincerly yours,

> match

****************

Go the installation directory and try
#make uninstall - > if it doesn't work then do the following

# make clean
# make dist clean
and remove the directory manually

regards
suresh

On 10/6/05, suresh ramasamy <suresh(dot)sql(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> On 10/6/05, Ly Lam Ngoc Bich <ly(dot)bich(at)ais(dot)cmc(dot)osaka-u(dot)ac(dot)jp> wrote:
> > I am using Linux Fedora 3 . I've installed Postgres with
> > postgresql-8.0.3.tar.gz package , so there is no rpm package when I
> > check with
> > rpm -qa|grep postgresql
> >
> > Please show me the way to uninstall PostgresSQL.
> >
> > Sincerly yours,

> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
> > choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
> > match
> >
> ****************
>
> Go the installation directory and try
> #make uninstall - > if it doesn't work then do the following
>
> # make clean
> # make dist clean
> and remove the directory manually

I think he wants to know how to uninstall the files that were
installed with 'make install', not the source directory.

> > #make uninstall - > if it doesn't work then do the following
> >
> > # make clean
> > # make dist clean
> > and remove the directory manually
> >

> I think he wants to know how to uninstall the files that were
> installed with 'make install', not the source directory.

Nevermind, wow I'm tired, should read the entire email and not just
the last three lines.