Re: Converting comma-delimited data to tab-delimited

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Randall Perry <rgp(at)systame(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Converting comma-delimited data to tab-delimited
Date: 2002-03-31 17:36:57
Lists: pgsql-general

Searched through the archives and found this perl one-liner that's supposed
to replace commas with tabs in text files.

It worked in as much as it created the new output file; but the output was
exactly the same as the input.

Anyone know what's wrong? Or have another way to do this?

perl -ne 's/^ *"//; s/" *$//; print join("\t", split(/\" *, *\"/))'
your-table.csv > your-table.tab

--
Randy Perry
sysTame