Re: strange isolation test buildfarm failure on guaibasaurus

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn(at)mail(dot)com>
To: "Stefan Kaltenbrunner" <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: strange isolation test buildfarm failure on guaibasaurus
Date: 2012-12-05 23:25:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:

> Subject: [HACKERS] strange isolation test buildfarm failure on guaibasaurus

> http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=guaibasaurus&dt=2012-12-05%2016%3A17%3A01

> seems like a rather odd failure in the isolation test (client)

Lines which might get the attention of interested parties:

(using postmaster on Unix socket, default port)
============== dropping database "isolationtest"      ==============
NOTICE:  database "isolationtest" does not exist, skipping
DROP DATABASE
============== creating database "isolationtest"      ==============
CREATE DATABASE
ALTER DATABASE
============== running regression test queries        ==============
test simple-write-skew        ... ok
test receipt-report           ... ok
test temporal-range-integrity ... ok
test project-manager          ... ok
test classroom-scheduling     ... ok
test total-cash               ... ok
test referential-integrity    ... ok
test ri-trigger               ... ok
test partial-index            ... ok
test two-ids                  ... ok
test multiple-row-versions    ... ok
test index-only-scan          ... ok
test fk-contention            ... ok
test fk-deadlock              ... ok
test fk-deadlock2             ... ok
test eval-plan-qual           ... ok
test drop-index-concurrently-1 ... FAILED (test process exited with exit code 1)

=======================
1 of 17 tests failed.
=======================

The differences that caused some tests to fail can be viewed in the
file "/home/pgsql/buildfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.30695/src/test/isolation/regression.diffs".  A copy of the test summary that you see
above is saved in the file "/home/pgsql/buildfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.30695/src/test/isolation/regression.out".

make: *** [installcheck] Error 1

================== pgsql.30695/src/test/isolation/regression.diffs ===================
*** /home/pgsql/buildfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.30695/src/test/isolation/expected/drop-index-concurrently-1.out 2012-12-05 16:17:04.000000000 +0000
--- /home/pgsql/buildfarm/buildroot/HEAD/pgsql.30695/src/test/isolation/results/drop-index-concurrently-1.out 2012-12-05 16:30:23.000000000 +0000
***************
*** 1,3 ****
--- 1,4 ----
+ PQconsumeInput failed:
 Parsed test spec with 3 sessions

 starting permutation: noseq prepi preps begin explaini explains select2 drop insert2 end2 selecti selects end
 34             34
 134            34
 step end: COMMIT;
- step drop: <... completed>

TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(rel->rd_refcnt > 0)", File: "relcache.c", Line: 1603)

[50bf7643.6d63:2] LOG:  server process (PID 28381) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
[50bf7643.6d63:3] DETAIL:  Failed process was running: DROP INDEX CONCURRENTLY test_dc_data;