Re: autovacuum daemon

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Abdul Rahman <abr_ora(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: autovacuum daemon
Date: 2009-01-22 06:06:00
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All,

Thanks for fruitful replies. But I checked it by running ANALYZE on psql. First updated 10000 rows in a table and got certain number of dead rows in result of ANALYZE. After few minutes the number of dead rows becomes zero which assured me that AUTOVACUUM is running in background.

Now, kindly let me know the detail about the solution send by Ray, i.e.

ps ax | grep postgres

Regards,
Abdul Rehman.