Re: SydPUG Meeting Monday, December 8th

Lists: sydpug
From: "Charles Duffy" <charles(dot)duffy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: sydpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SydPUG Meeting Monday, December 8th
Date: 2008-11-27 01:21:05
Lists: sydpug

Hello everybody,

The Sydney PostgreSQL Users Group will meet on Monday, December 8th,
at 6:30PM, at Fujitsu Australia in North Sydney.

This meeting features a bumper crop of speakers and PostgreSQL
community luminaries:

* Grant Allen will give a talk on "PostgreSQL in the Cloud", focussing
on setting up an Amazon EC2 AMI for use as a PostgreSQL host.

* Shyam Sundar, Senior Solutions Architect with Greenplum, will be
speaking on the technical architecture of the Greenplum data warehouse
appliance.

* David Fetter, of PostgreSQL Weekly News fame, will be available for
a Q&A session on new features in the upcoming 8.4 version of
PostgreSQL.

Meet in the foyer of 15 Blue St North Sydney at 6:30pm. The meeting
will be held in the View Room on level 16. Security restrictions
apply, so you will not be able to go straight up to the room. Please
call me on 0439 594 738 if there are any problems.

The building is next to the North Sydney train station exit on Blue St.

Free beer provided.

Thanks,

Charles Duffy

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:21:05PM +1100, Charles Duffy wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> The Sydney PostgreSQL Users Group will meet on Monday, December 8th,
> at 6:30PM, at Fujitsu Australia in North Sydney.

RSVP ASAP ;)

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

RSVP. Andrew Boag + Myles Carrick from Catalyst.

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 09:34:26PM -0800, David Fetter wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 12:21:05PM +1100, Charles Duffy wrote:
> > Hello everybody,
> >
> > The Sydney PostgreSQL Users Group will meet on Monday, December 8th,
> > at 6:30PM, at Fujitsu Australia in North Sydney.
>
> RSVP ASAP ;)

I be there. Arr!

--
"A search of his car uncovered pornography, a homemade sex aid, women's
stockings and a Jack Russell terrier."