Re: ddl triggers

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Barnali <barnali(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ddl triggers
Date: 2005-05-31 11:21:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I was wondering whether it will be useful to extend postgreSQL support
to ddl triggers.
This may be useful for tracking and auditing purposes.

I am planning on prototyping this.
Would be interested to hear any comment.

Thanks

Barnali

Barnali <barnali(at)persistent(dot)co(dot)in> writes:
> I was wondering whether it will be useful to extend postgreSQL support
> to ddl triggers.

This has been proposed and rejected before ... see the archives.

regards, tom lane

> > I was wondering whether it will be useful to extend postgreSQL support
> > to ddl triggers.
>
> This has been proposed and rejected before ... see the archives.

Eh? I thought it was a TODO.

--Josh

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions

>>> I was wondering whether it will be useful to extend postgreSQL support
>>> to ddl triggers.
>>
>> This has been proposed and rejected before ... see the archives.

> Eh? I thought it was a TODO.

Or "see the TODO list" ... I was looking for some small evidence of
familiarity with the previous discussions ...

regards, tom lane