Problem while debugging using PgAdmin

Lists: pgadmin-support
From: "Shanker N Srivastava" <shanker(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>
To: <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem while debugging using PgAdmin
Date: 2007-10-26 14:28:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I am using PsotgreSQL version 8.2.5, and using pl/pgsql Debugger for
debugging my pl/pgsql functions. My pgAdmin version is also pgAdmin III
v1.8.0, while debugging I am getting below error

An error has occurred:

ERROR: could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pldbgapi.so":
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pldbgapi.so: undefined symbol: BreakpointInsert

My database server is on linux, and my pgAdmin is on win

I am just thinking, is it not working because, My database server is linux
machine and pgAdmin is on windows XP machine, and are in different machine.

Waiting for reply.

Thanks and Regards

Shanker N Srivastava

> I am using PsotgreSQL version 8.2.5, and using pl/pgsql Debugger for
> debugging my pl/pgsql functions. My pgAdmin version is also pgAdmin III
> v1.8.0, while debugging I am getting below error
>
> ==========================================================================================================================
> An error has occurred:
>
> ERROR: could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/pldbgapi.so":
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/pldbgapi.so: undefined symbol: BreakpointInsert
>
> My database server is on linux, and my pgAdmin is on win
> ==========================================================================================================================
>
> I am just thinking, is it not working because, My database server is
> linux machine and pgAdmin is on windows XP machine, and are in different
> machine.

That should not matter - the client and the server need not be the same
machine, or even the same platform/architecture.

How did you install the debugger plugin - did you find a package from
somewhere or build it yourself from source? Do $PGLIB/pldbgapi.so and
$PGLIB/plugins/plugin_debugger.so both exist, and did you successfully
run the pldbgapi.sql script in your database?

Regards, Dave