polygon info

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "Bob T" <rjtalbo(at)attglobal(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: template Database
Date: 2002-02-24 21:31:42
Lists: pgsql-general

Every time I use the server I get this message from postmaster

FATAL 1: Database "template0" is not currently accepting connections

How can I correct this condition??

Bob T

From: "Brent R(dot) Matzelle" <bmatzelle(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pg_dump sequence START incorrect?
Date: 2002-02-24 21:46:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

When I perform a pg_dump of any database (PG 7.1.3) the CREATE
SEQUENCE calls are incorrect. They all use 'start 1', thus resetting
the sequence at the beginning. Is this the desired functionality? I
would think that it should set the sequence at the max value of the
column +1. Am I missing something?

Brent

http://sports.yahoo.com

"Brent R. Matzelle" <bmatzelle(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> When I perform a pg_dump of any database (PG 7.1.3) the CREATE
> SEQUENCE calls are incorrect. They all use 'start 1', thus resetting
> the sequence at the beginning. Is this the desired functionality? I
> would think that it should set the sequence at the max value of the
> column +1. Am I missing something?

Yes, the setval() commands executed later on ...

regards, tom lane