Re: svedish trans

Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgsql-patches
From: Dennis Björklund <db(at)zigo(dot)dhs(dot)org>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: svedish trans
Date: 2003-06-30 11:32:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-patches

Here is another update of the swedish translation. I sent one a couple of
months ago but it never was commited (and therefor not tested by anybody
but me).

--
/Dennis

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql-sv.po.gz application/x-gzip 9.4 KB

From: Jean-Michel POURE <jm(dot)poure(at)freesurf(dot)fr>
To: jan(at)pruner(dot)cz
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Translation request of pgAdmin3 into Czech
Date: 2003-06-30 13:48:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgsql-patches

Dear Jan,

> Yes, I will do it.

Great. We are very thankfull for your help to translate into Czech.

Maybe you should register pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing list from
http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin2.php?ContentID=4? This is where translations
are coordinated. I CC my answer to the list for information.

You will also need to checkout pgAdmin3 from CVS to get pgadmin3.pot file
updates.

> 1. Is there any deadline for translation?

No, pgAdmin is free software, there are no deadlines. Just do your best.

> 2. Do you recommend for translation of database terms any terminologie?
> (Oracle, IBM, MS, Sybase ...). I will not translate db terms myself (like
> trigger etc.), but I will use terms, which are in use.

Personnaly, I keep many db terms untranslated in French because users may be
confused. We wrote some guidelines about it, but they still need approvement
of other translators.

> 3. Do I have to use UTF-8 or iso-8859-2 codepage for translation?

We try to use UTF-8 when possible.

Do not hesitate to get back to us on pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org for any
question.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel