Re: Pl/Tcl problem

Lists: pgsql-general
From: "Ian Harding" <ianh(at)tpchd(dot)org>
To: <teg(at)redhat(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Pl/Tcl problem
Date: 2001-12-17 16:51:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Oooooh. Harsh. I use tcl exclusively. I have not had any problem and am keeping up with the latest versions of PostgreSQL.

<comedy_not_invitation_to_flame>

Maybe hardly anyone who uses tcl runs RedHat? ;^)

<\comedy_not_invitation_to_flame>

Ian A. Harding
Programmer/Analyst II
Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department
(253) 798-3549
mailto: iharding(at)tpchd(dot)org

>>> Trond Eivind Glomsrød <teg(at)redhat(dot)com> 12/15/01 09:17AM >>>

> But I'm not sure that this has anything to do with Alvaro's problem.
> The bogus choice of soname has doubtless been that way for awhile,
> and yet we've not had other complaints.

Biggest reason: Hardly anyone uses tcl.

We've shipped it that way, and there was one complaint month after we
shipped... Comparing that to feedback on other areas in the same
package, I just don't think the tcl functionality is used much. Tcl is
exactly all the rage anymore.

--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.