Re: Build problems for PostgreSQL v7.4 on FreeBSD v4.1

Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-jdbc
From: Richard Scranton <scrantr(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Build problems for PostgreSQL v7.4 on FreeBSD v4.1
Date: 2003-11-18 05:38:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-jdbc

In file postgresql-7.4/src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib/misc.c, this version
of FreeBSD has no definition of LONG_LONG_MIN, although it does
support an int64_t integral type. Compilation was successful after
inserting
a definition immediately following the block of included files:

/* XXX */
#define LONG_LONG_MIN (1LL << 63)

In file
postgresql-7.4/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1/AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.java,
the JDBC version 1 driver cannot be built with JDK v1.1.8 because that
version of the Double class does not include a static parseDouble(String)
method, which first appeared in JDK 1.2. The driver will compile if
line 836 is
modified as below.

// XXX if (Double.parseDouble(s)==1)
if (Double.valueOf(s).doubleValue()==1)

When you can see a light at the end of the tunnel, it
will be a guy with a flashlight bringing more bad news.

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Richard Scranton wrote:

> In file
> postgresql-7.4/src/interfaces/jdbc/org/postgresql/jdbc1/AbstractJdbc1ResultSet.java,
> the JDBC version 1 driver cannot be built with JDK v1.1.8 because that
> version of the Double class does not include a static parseDouble(String)
> method, which first appeared in JDK 1.2. The driver will compile if
> line 836 is
> modified as below.
>
> // XXX if (Double.parseDouble(s)==1)
> if (Double.valueOf(s).doubleValue()==1)

Here's a patch for the fix you describe. Not that a one liner needs one,
but less work for the committers as well as getting it to the JDBC list.

Kris Jurka

Attachment Content-Type Size
jdk11.patch text/plain 965 bytes

> In file postgresql-7.4/src/interfaces/ecpg/ecpglib/misc.c, this version
> of FreeBSD has no definition of LONG_LONG_MIN, although it does
> support an int64_t integral type. Compilation was successful after
> inserting
> a definition immediately following the block of included files:
>
> /* XXX */
> #define LONG_LONG_MIN (1LL << 63)

I am not sure it was reported to you but this was fixed and is in 7.4:

revision 1.16
date: 2003/10/21 15:34:34; author: tgl; state: Exp; lines: +5 -1
branches: 1.16.2;
Cope with platforms that offer LONGLONG_MIN in place of the C99-spec
LLONG_MIN. One example is AIX, per report from Andreas.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us