Re: new version of contrib-intarray

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Oleg Bartunov <oleg(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)su>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: new version of contrib-intarray
Date: 2001-01-25 16:31:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mark,

we prepared new version of contrib-intarray -
index support for 1-D integer arrays using GiST.

Changes:

- Improved regression test
- Current implementation provides index support for one-dimensional
array of int4's - gist__int_ops, suitable for small and medium size
of arrays, and gist__intbig_ops for indexing large arrays
(we use superimposed signature with length of 4096 bits to represent sets,
see Sven Helmer,1997).

Archive is available from
http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/code/7.1/contrib-intarray.tar.gz

Regards,
Oleg
phone: +007(095)939-16-83, +007(095)939-23-83

Oleg, do you want this in /contrib for 7.1?

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us

On Sat, 27 Jan 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Oleg, do you want this in /contrib for 7.1?

yes, if it's possible.
btw, is there way to specify default ops for index ?
We have two methods of index creation for intarrays and
would like to define which should be used by default