Re: [SPAM] Re: GIT mirror not updating

Lists: pgsql-www
From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: GIT mirror not updating
Date: 2008-12-16 16:09:41
Lists: pgsql-www

Looks like the GIT mirror at git.postgresql.org hasn't been updated
since Saturday.

?

--
Heikki Linnakangas

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
To: "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GIT mirror not updating
Date: 2008-12-16 16:42:43
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Looks like the GIT mirror at git.postgresql.org hasn't been updated since
> Saturday.

I upgraded most of postgresql.org on Sunday (yeah, I have no life),
and it seems the new version of git in FreeBSD ports has dropped the
convenience binaries such as git-pull. I've update the update-repos
script to use 'git pull' instead, and rerun it.

If there are other repos, not updated by that script, I'll need more
info on them to go fix.

--
Dave Page

> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> > Looks like the GIT mirror at git.postgresql.org hasn't been updated since
> > Saturday.
>
> I upgraded most of postgresql.org on Sunday (yeah, I have no life),
> and it seems the new version of git in FreeBSD ports has dropped the
> convenience binaries such as git-pull.

It wasn't FreeBSD's fault -- git upstream did it.

On Tuesday 16 December 2008 18:42:43 Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Heikki Linnakangas

> > Looks like the GIT mirror at git.postgresql.org hasn't been updated since
> > Saturday.
>
> I upgraded most of postgresql.org on Sunday (yeah, I have no life),
> and it seems the new version of git in FreeBSD ports has dropped the
> convenience binaries such as git-pull. I've update the update-repos
> script to use 'git pull' instead, and rerun it.
>
> If there are other repos, not updated by that script, I'll need more
> info on them to go fix.

I also needed to upgrade the fromcvs ruby scripts analogously. It's all back
to working now.

> I also needed to upgrade the fromcvs ruby scripts analogously. It's all back
> to working now.

Oh wow, did you just make the back-branches work too?

--
Heikki Linnakangas