Re: [GENERAL] Resultset problem or BUG !

Lists: pgsql-jdbc
From: Elie Nacache <elie_nacache(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Resultset problem or BUG !
Date: 2004-08-11 14:53:10
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Any Help !

Elie Nacache <elie_nacache(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 05:59:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: Elie Nacache
To: Richard Huxton
CC: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org

Hi Richard,

Some informations:
==============
OS: RedHat
DB: PostgreSQL 7.4.3
Driver: PostgreSQL 7.4.2 JDBC3 with SSL (build 213)

Here some code:
============
INFO >> sqlDatas is of type ResultSet
INFO >> Step first insert new row

this.sqlDatas.moveToInsertRow();
this.updateColumns();
this.sqlDatas.insertRow();
this.sqlLineNumber = this.sqlDatas.getRow(); // INFO >> return 0

INFO >> At this step there is no commit
INFO >> Second step update the row after collecting updated info

this.sqlDatas.absolute(this.sqlLineNumber); // INFO >> throw the exception
this.updateColumns();
this.sqlDatas.updateRow();

INFO >> If I fix the sqlLineNumber to 1 and force the absolute(1) then no Execption is thrown but the modification is not seen in the table.

Elie Nacache
RentaSoft Ltd.

Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com> wrote:
Elie Nacache wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Elie, I'm afraid we'll need more details before we can help.

> A data writed in a table but not commited is not accessible in
> modification by the resultset. The error returned is "Cannot move to
> index of 0".

Is this an ODBC or JDBC error? There are specific lists for both of those.

> BTW in SQL a sequence of INSERT, UPDATE and then COMMIT work fine.

> I'm using the same code with oracle and it's working well.

What code?

> Is it a BUG !?

Can't say.

> I'm using psql 7.4.3 on Linux 9.0

psql is the command-line tool, so I'm guessing you mean PostgreSQL (or
pgsql) 7.4.3. Likewise, there is no Linux 9.0 - I'm assuming you mean
RedHat, SuSE or Mandrake.

If you can provide details on how you are accessing the database and a
sho rt example of your code, I'm sure someone will be able to help.
--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd