execute command tag including affected rows count

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: execute command tag including affected rows count
Date: 2004-03-21 16:39:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Would it be possible to have the command completion tag for EXECUTE return
the affected row count? The JDBC API says you should be able to get the
affected row count for any statement and I'm working on integrating a
patch that transforms regular statements to server side prepared
statements, and I'm stuck on this issue.

CREATE TABLE t (a int);
INSERT INTO t VALUES (1);
INSERT INTO t VALUES (2);
PREPARE mystatement AS DELETE FROM t;