Re: Time to move on...

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Time to move on...
Date: 2002-11-15 06:38:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just a quick note to mention that I've resigned from the PostgreSQL
steering committee. It has been a lot of fun and very rewarding to
participate in PostgreSQL development over the last six years, but it is
time to take a break and to move on to other projects.

Thanks to Marc, Bruce, and Vadim for welcoming me many years ago. It has
been great working with the group and I'm looking forward to seeing
PostgreSQL achieve greater and greater success in the coming years.

- Thomas

> Just a quick note to mention that I've resigned from the PostgreSQL
> steering committee. It has been a lot of fun and very rewarding to
> participate in PostgreSQL development over the last six years, but it is
> time to take a break and to move on to other projects.

Thanks for all your work, Thomas. I hope to one day achieve similarly -
time be willing!

To the rest of the hackers, is it normal practice to perhaps vote in a new
member of the steering committee?

Chris

> Just a quick note to mention that I've resigned from the PostgreSQL
> steering committee.

Wow. That was totally unexpected.

A sad day. :-/

> It has been a lot of fun and very rewarding to
> participate in PostgreSQL development over the last six years, but it is
> time to take a break and to move on to other projects.

Good luck Thomas.

Truly hope you're going to have heaps of fun, enjoy yourself, and find
the new projects rewarding too.

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

> Thanks to Marc, Bruce, and Vadim for welcoming me many years ago. It has
> been great working with the group and I'm looking forward to seeing
> PostgreSQL achieve greater and greater success in the coming years.
>
> - Thomas

- Indira Gandhi

Although we have never corresponded, I just wanted to say thank you to
yourself and all the other hackers who have devoted their time voluntarily to
PostgreSQL. It really is appreciated.

Cheers

Mark Pritchard

"Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au> writes:
> To the rest of the hackers, is it normal practice to perhaps vote in a new
> member of the steering committee?

Uh ... it's never happened before ... so there is no "normal practice".

regards, tom lane