Re: beta5 ...

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: AW: AW: Re: beta5 ...
Date: 2001-02-19 15:45:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > So, what was the case against using yield (2) ?
>
> $ man 2 yield
> No entry for yield in section 2 of the manual.
>
> Lack of portability :-(

I can't beleive that AIX finally has a convenience function that
is missing in mainstream unix :-)

$man 2 yield
Purpose
Yields the processor to processes with higher priorities.
Description
The yield subroutine forces the current running process or thread to relinquish
use of the processor. If the run queue is empty when the yield subroutine is
called, the calling process or kernel thread is immediately rescheduled. If the
calling process has multiple threads, only the calling thread is affected. The
process or thread resumes execution after all threads of equal or greater
priority are scheduled to run.

Andreas