psqlODBC Experimental Enhanced branch

Lists: pgsql-odbc
From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: psqlODBC Experimental Enhanced branch
Date: 2006-02-22 15:45:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Some time ago I posted a message to the list pre-announcing the release
of an experimental version of psqlODBC. This release is now available
for testing and evaluation purposes from:

http://pgfoundry.org/frs/?group_id=1000125

THIS FILES ARE RELEASED FOR TESTING AND EVALUATION ONLY AND Are NOT
RECOMMENDED FOR PRODUCTION USE!

This release is based on a code branch made at roughly v07.03.0260 of
psqlODBC, and has been enhanced by Hiroshi Inoue and Hiroshi Saito to
include a similar feature set to the 08.01 driver series, specifically
with the addition of Kerberos and SSL support through the use of libpq,
as well as other changes detailed in the release notes.

This branch differs from 08.01 in that the libpq integration has been
approached in a totally different way to that taken by Anoop and Siva at
Pervasive. Of particular note is the this drivers ability to

The purpose of this release is to evaluate which libpq driver, 08.01 or
07.03 will make the most suitable basis for future psqlODBC versions.
Please test and evaluate it, examine the source code, benchmark it and
anything else you can think of, and post any opinions to the mailing
list. Bear in mind that this experimental branch has not had anything
like the testing that 08.01 has, and that any resulting bugs need not
necessarily mean that it is not the better driver to continue
development with.

Regards, Dave.