BUG #6459: logging_collector=off but log_filename set inhibits logoutpu

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: calestyo(at)scientia(dot)net
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #6459: logging_collector=off but log_filename set inhibits logoutpu
Date: 2012-02-14 21:09:24
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 6459
Logged by: Christoph Anton Mitterer
Email address: calestyo(at)scientia(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.1
Operating system: All

Hi.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/runtime-config-logging.html
claims that log_filename is only used when logging_collector is enabled.

However it seems that if the later is off, but the former is set (to
anything), no log output goes to stderr as well.

Cheers,
Chris.