avoiding CONTEXT messages

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Filip Rembiałkowski <filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: avoiding CONTEXT messages
Date: 2012-05-11 14:09:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 and I want to suppress CONTEXT part of error
message for selected user defined Pl/PgSQL functions.
Is this possible?

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/runtime-config-logging.html#GUC-LOG-ERROR-VERBOSITYsuggests
it is...
My function is running on superuser account.
I tried log_error_verbosity but it seems to not affect client messages.

create or replace function test() returns void language plpgsql as 'begin
drop table if exists daddyiamnothere; end' ;
select test();
set log_error_verbosity to terse;
select test();

Thanks

2012/5/11 Filip Rembiałkowski <filip(dot)rembialkowski(at)gmail(dot)com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 and I want to suppress CONTEXT part of error
> message for selected user defined Pl/PgSQL functions.
> Is this possible?

probably no.

context is detected before filtering is applyed

Pavel