commercial license availability

Lists: psycopg
From: Vishnu VV <movievishnu(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org, psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: commercial license availability
Date: 2012-09-14 17:13:58
Lists: psycopg

Hi,

Are there any commercial license that is sold for psycopg driver. LGPL V3
seems very restrictive.

Kindly let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
Vishnu

From: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Vishnu VV <movievishnu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org, psycopg(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: commercial license availability
Date: 2012-09-14 17:30:35
Lists: psycopg

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 6:13 PM, Vishnu VV <movievishnu(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Are there any commercial license that is sold for psycopg driver. LGPL V3
> seems very restrictive.

Why it is restrictive? You don't have to open source your product in
order to just use psycopg2. If you instead improve the driver we want
your improvements back. Is that restrictive?

-- Daniele