Re: Feature proposal: www_fdw

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Alexander Soudakov <cygakob(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Feature proposal: www_fdw
Date: 2011-09-28 13:32:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greetings postgres hackers!

Here you can find www_fdw feature documentation:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WWW_FDW

Looking forward for your feedback.

--
Alexander Soudakov
Developer Programmer

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: Alexander Soudakov <cygakob(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Feature proposal: www_fdw
Date: 2011-09-28 15:17:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 05:32:37PM +0400, Alexander Soudakov wrote:
> Greetings postgres hackers!
>
> Here you can find www_fdw feature documentation:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WWW_FDW
>
> Looking forward for your feedback.

Do you have some libraries you plan to base this on, or will you be
hand-tooling it all?

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Alexander Soudakov <cygakob(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2011-09-28 15:21:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 09/28/2011 09:32 AM, Alexander Soudakov wrote:
> Greetings postgres hackers!
>
> Here you can find www_fdw feature documentation:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/WWW_FDW
>
> Looking forward for your feedback.

Why should this be a core feature, as the subject suggests? It could
just be an extension, like other FDWs, no?

cheers

andrew