Review: pset autocomplete add missing options

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Review: pset autocomplete add missing options
Date: 2013-11-17 11:47:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Review for Pavel Stehule's patch in CF 2013-11:

Patch applies cleanly and works as intended; it's a very straightforward
patch so no surprises there.

The patch expands the range of completable items for \pset, putting
them in alphabetical order and syncs them with the list in command.c
introduced by Gilles Darold's earlier patch for \pset without any
options ( https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1202 ).

However double-checking the options available to \pset, I see there
is also 'fieldsep_zero' and 'recordsep_zero', which are special cases
for 'fieldsep' and 'recordsep' respectively and which are therefore not
displayed separately by \pset without-any-options, but should nevertheless
be tab-completable. Modified patch attached to include these.

Regards

Ian Barwick

PS I will endeavour to review a more complex patch

Attachment Content-Type Size
pset-autocomplete-fix-revised.patch text/x-patch 915 bytes

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 8:47 PM, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Review for Pavel Stehule's patch in CF 2013-11:
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1253
>
> Patch applies cleanly and works as intended; it's a very straightforward
> patch so no surprises there.
>
> The patch expands the range of completable items for \pset, putting
> them in alphabetical order and syncs them with the list in command.c
> introduced by Gilles Darold's earlier patch for \pset without any
> options ( https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=1202 ).
>
> However double-checking the options available to \pset, I see there
> is also 'fieldsep_zero' and 'recordsep_zero', which are special cases
> for 'fieldsep' and 'recordsep' respectively and which are therefore not
> displayed separately by \pset without-any-options, but should nevertheless
> be tab-completable. Modified patch attached to include these.

Thanks! Committed.

Fujii Masao