ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: "Pavel Stehule" <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: bruce(at)momjian(dot)us
Subject: ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF
Date: 2007-02-02 07:47:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I miss doc for this operator

Regards
Pavel Stehule

Emotikony a pozadi programu MSN Messenger ozivi vasi konverzaci.
http://messenger.msn.cz/

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ToDo: add documentation for operator IS OF
Date: 2007-02-20 00:26:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Pavel Stehule wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I miss doc for this operator

Strang IS [NOT] OF wasn't documented, especially seeing it was added in
PostgreSQL 7.3. Anyway, documented and backpatched to 8.2.X.

/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 1.9 KB

> Strang IS [NOT] OF wasn't documented, especially seeing it was added in
> PostgreSQL 7.3. Anyway, documented and backpatched to 8.2.X.

Here's the reason -- see this thread:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-08/msg00062.php

Joe

> > Strang IS [NOT] OF wasn't documented, especially seeing it was added in
> > PostgreSQL 7.3. Anyway, documented and backpatched to 8.2.X.
>
> Here's the reason -- see this thread:
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-08/msg00062.php

Wow, interesting. I do remember that now. Should I revert the
documentation addition and add a comment to gram.y?

> > > Strang IS [NOT] OF wasn't documented, especially seeing it was added
>in
> > > PostgreSQL 7.3. Anyway, documented and backpatched to 8.2.X.
> >
> > Here's the reason -- see this thread:
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2003-08/msg00062.php
>
>Wow, interesting. I do remember that now. Should I revert the
>documentation addition and add a comment to gram.y?

Nobody worked on this subject a lot of years. Who need it, knows about it
and use it. I am for this topic is documented and in doc is note about
difference from standard and about some incompletness of this operator.

regards
Pavel Stehule

Chcete sdilet sve obrazky a hudbu s prateli? http://messenger.msn.cz/