trace_recovery_messages

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: trace_recovery_messages
Date: 2010-08-10 14:28:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

The explanation of trace_recovery_messages in the document
is inconsistent with the definition of it in guc.c.

In the document,

* trace_recovery_messages is categorized into DEVELOPER_OPTIONS
* The default is WARNING
* Parameter should be set in the postgresql.conf only

But, in guc.c

* trace_recovery_messages is categorized into LOGGING_WHEN
* The default is DEBUG1
* The context is PGC_SUSET

ISTM the right is

* Categorized into DEVELOPER_OPTIONS
* The default is DEBUG1
* The context is PGC_SIGHUP

We should apply the attached patch which changes the document
and guc.c as above?

Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
trace_recovery_messages_v1.patch application/octet-stream 3.3 KB