Re: lexing small ints as int2

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: lexing small ints as int2
Date: 2010-09-03 22:42:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

I'm researching if smallint can be made a higher-class citizen of our type
system than currently.

Does anyone know where to find the discussion refered to here?
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-10/msg01485.php

I did some searches on the archives but no keywords I search for are
yielding useful results.

--
Álvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>