Re: BUG #5627: Can not install on POSReady 2009

Lists: pgsql-bugs
From: "Johnny Wang" <johnny(at)justgogo(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #5627: Can not install on POSReady 2009
Date: 2010-08-23 10:27:36
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 5627
Logged by: Johnny Wang
Email address: johnny(at)justgogo(dot)net
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.4
Operating system: Windows Embedded POSReady 2009
Details:

Dear Sir,

When we try to install the PG 8.3.4 on XP POSReady 2009 operating system,
but we always got an error message "Failed to set permissions on the
installed files. Please see the logfile in C:\Program Files\tmp\pgperm.log."
!!

** Download Microsoft XP POSReady 2009:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1E077ECE-3F19-4C41-
B219-6FCC821FB5FC&amp;displaylang=en&displaylang=en

Thanks,
Johnny

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Johnny Wang <johnny(at)justgogo(dot)net> wrote:
> When we try to install the PG 8.3.4 on XP POSReady 2009 operating system,
> but we always got an error message "Failed to set permissions on the
> installed files. Please see the logfile in C:\Program Files\tmp\pgperm.log."
> !!

At the risk of asking an obvious question, what are the contents of
that logfile?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise Postgres Company

Please refer to the attachment for the detailed logs of PostgreSQL
installation.

It mentioned "'cacls' 不是內部或外部命令、可執行的程式或批次檔。" in Chinese.

Thanks,
Johnny Wang
2010/8/23 Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 6:27 AM, Johnny Wang <johnny(at)justgogo(dot)net> wrote:
> > When we try to install the PG 8.3.4 on XP POSReady 2009 operating system,
> > but we always got an error message "Failed to set permissions on the
> > installed files. Please see the logfile in C:\Program
> Files\tmp\pgperm.log."
> > !!
>
> At the risk of asking an obvious question, what are the contents of
> that logfile?
>
> --
> Robert Haas
> The Enterprise Postgres Company

--
Johnny Wang / 平台開發事業群
E-mail: johnny(at)justgogo(dot)net

Attachment Content-Type Size
pgperm.log application/octet-stream 53 bytes

You also can browse the Microsoft web page for more information as below:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162786/en

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/162786/en>Thanks,
Johnny Wang

Johnny Wang <johnny(at)justgogo(dot)net> 於 2010年8月24日上午10:03 寫道: