Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.16 is creating strange files under /var/lib/pgsql

Lists: pgsql-general
From: Juan Sueiro <jmsueiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 7.4.16 is creating strange files under /var/lib/pgsql
Date: 2010-10-07 13:45:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

I'm experiencing a weird issue where my postgresql is creating strange files
(all with the same size ~200MB) under /var/lib/pgsql. The filenames are like
"?" and "?default". Anyone knows if it's safe to remove those? because they
are eating my disk space on the /var partition.

Version: PostgreSQL 7.4.16 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc
(GCC) 3.4.6 20060404 (Red Hat 3.4.6-3)

Any advices would be really appreciated.

*

Juan Sueiro*