psql autocompletion for \z and \dg

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: psql autocompletion for \z and \dg
Date: 2010-10-21 02:56:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi all,

It looks like psql's tab completion for the \z and \dg commands in
psql are missing. I couldn't see a reason for this, so attached patch
fixes.

Also, this patch proposes to change psql's "\?" help text to say that
\dg and \du are the same, since AFAICT they do exactly the same thing.

Josh

Attachment Content-Type Size
psql_tab_completion.patch application/octet-stream 3.5 KB

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 10:56 PM, Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> It looks like psql's tab completion for the \z and \dg commands in
> psql are missing. I couldn't see a reason for this, so attached patch
> fixes.
>
> Also, this patch proposes to change psql's "\?" help text to say that
> \dg and \du are the same, since AFAICT they do exactly the same thing.

Please add this in the usual spot:
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 8:45 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Please add this in the usual spot:
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/commitfest_view/open

Aye sir, added.

On ons, 2010-10-20 at 22:56 -0400, Josh Kupershmidt wrote:
> It looks like psql's tab completion for the \z and \dg commands in
> psql are missing. I couldn't see a reason for this, so attached patch
> fixes.
>
> Also, this patch proposes to change psql's "\?" help text to say that
> \dg and \du are the same, since AFAICT they do exactly the same thing.

Committed with slight variations. I didn't think documenting \du as
"same as \dg" added much value, so I just made them both "list roles".