Re: all keyword for pg_hba.conf host column

Lists: pgsql-hackers
From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: all keyword for pg_hba.conf host column
Date: 2010-10-16 10:56:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As a small addition to the pg_hba.conf host name feature, I figured it
would be useful to allow "all" in the host column, instead of having to
write 0.0.0.0/0 and ::/0. Patch attached.

Attachment Content-Type Size
hba-host-all.patch text/x-patch 1.7 KB

On Oct 16, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> As a small addition to the pg_hba.conf host name feature, I figured it
> would be useful to allow "all" in the host column, instead of having to
> write 0.0.0.0/0 and ::/0. Patch attached.

+1. Looks sane on a quick read.

...Robert

On 16 October 2010 21:56, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net> wrote:
> As a small addition to the pg_hba.conf host name feature, I figured it
> would be useful to allow "all" in the host column, instead of having to
> write 0.0.0.0/0 and ::/0.  Patch attached.

Cool. And, for what it's worth, this doesn't conflict at all with the
field-specific keywords patch I just submitted.

Cheers,
BJ