Bug report from pgsql-bugs (cygipc?)

Lists: pgsql-cygwin
From: Claudio Natoli <claudio(dot)natoli(at)memetrics(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Bug report from pgsql-bugs (cygipc?)
Date: 2003-04-14 04:10:31
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hello all,

previously posted to pgsql-bugs:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2003-03/msg00209.php

As it didn't get much traction there (since the bug does appear isolated to
cygwin; race condition in cygipc?), is anyone here able to:

a) replicate the problem on their system?
b) confirm our suspicions of cygipc (and/or point us in the right direction
for correcting the culprit)

Cheers,
Claudio

http://www.memetrics.com/emailpolicy.html

> a) replicate the problem on their system?
I've reproduced it
on

Win2K (SP3)
cygwin 1.3.21-1
cygipc 1.13
postgresql 7.3.2-1

It hangs after about 1000 create/drop pairs.

> b) confirm our suspicions of cygipc (and/or point us in the right
direction for correcting the culprit)
I'm sorry, I could help any further.

By,
Joerg.