Problem enabling pltcl

Lists: pgsql-bugspgsql-docspgsql-hackers
From: Patrick Logan <patrick(at)c837917-a(dot)potlnd1(dot)or(dot)home(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem enabling pltcl
Date: 1999-09-08 16:49:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-docs pgsql-hackers

I have configured, built, and installed ProsgreSQL 6.5.1 using:

--with-tcl and --with-tkconfig=<dir>

As far as I have looked, everything was built and installed without a
hitch. The pltcl library is in the right location, and /etc/ld.so.conf
lists that directory.

When I define a function using pltcl I get the following:

ERROR: Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION:
'pltcl'. Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the
created procedural languages.

The docs say that pltcl is enabled if it is built with the TCL
option. What am I missing?

Thanks
--
Patrick Logan patrickdlogan(at)home(dot)com

> ERROR: Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION:
> 'pltcl'. Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the
> created procedural languages.
>
> The docs say that pltcl is enabled if it is built with the TCL
> option. What am I missing?

CREATE LANGUAGE (command line utility 'createlang'). See the regression
test shell script (src/test/regress/regress.sh) for an example using
plpgsql. The PL's are not created and installed by default, apparently.

Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio