Re: temp table existence

Lists: pgsql-sql
From: "Marcin Krawczyk" <jankes(dot)mk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: temp table existence
Date: 2007-12-29 19:16:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi all. Is there a way to determine the existence of a TEMP
TABLE? I need to check i it exists before I create it. Doing simple
check on pg_class or pg_tables is
not enough because there may be other such tables created in other sessions.
Or maybe anyone knows the identification (apart from 'others') of error to
trap it with EXCEPTION clause?

On 29/12/2007, Marcin Krawczyk <jankes(dot)mk(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Hi all. Is there a way to determine the existence of a TEMP TABLE? I need to
> check i it exists before I create it.
> Doing simple check on pg_class or pg_tables is
> not enough because there may be other such tables created in other sessions.
> Or maybe anyone knows the identification (apart from 'others') of error to
> trap it with EXCEPTION clause?

http://www.pgsql.cz/index.php/Automatic_execution_plan_caching_in_PL/pgSQL

Regards
Pavel Stehule