Re: i18n doc patch

Lists: pgadmin-hackers
From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: i18n doc patch
Date: 2009-03-29 14:01:25
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

This patch enables the use of translated manuals for pgAdmin on the official
website. It simply checks the availability of the displayed file for the
choosen lang and defaults to en_US if it doesn't.

It seems to work on this URL:
http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/bugreport.html?lang=fr_FR

It doesn't on the other files because they aren't already available in the
svnrepo folder.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 16:01:25, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> This patch enables the use of translated manuals for pgAdmin on the
> official website. It simply checks the availability of the displayed file
> for the choosen lang and defaults to en_US if it doesn't.
>
> It seems to work on this URL:
> http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/bugreport.html?lang=fr_FR
>
> It doesn't on the other files because they aren't already available in the
> svnrepo folder.

Hmmm, sorry, forgot the patch.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Attachment Content-Type Size
i18ndocs.patch text/x-patch 1.2 KB

> This patch enables the use of translated manuals for pgAdmin on the official
> website. It simply checks the availability of the displayed file for the
> choosen lang and defaults to en_US if it doesn't.

Was there supposed to be a patch attached? :-)

> It seems to work on this URL:
> http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/bugreport.html?lang=fr_FR

Um, that link gives me a bunch of PHP error messages. but the messages
are in french, so that part worked :-D

//Magnus

Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 16:06:44, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > [...]
> > This patch enables the use of translated manuals for pgAdmin on the
> > official website. It simply checks the availability of the displayed file
> > for the choosen lang and defaults to en_US if it doesn't.
>
> Was there supposed to be a patch attached? :-)

Yes, I forgot it.

> > It seems to work on this URL:
> > http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/bugreport.html?lang=fr_FR
>
> Um, that link gives me a bunch of PHP error messages. but the messages
> are in french, so that part worked :-D

Well, it seems a script fetches the new pages from the SVN repo, but gives
them a 660 rights, for user and group root. So it doesn't seem to be readable.
The en_US docs are 644, which is way better. But I don't know how to change
this, I don't think I have the right.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 16:14:09, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 16:06:44, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> > Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > > [...]
> > > This patch enables the use of translated manuals for pgAdmin on the
> > > official website. It simply checks the availability of the displayed
> > > file for the choosen lang and defaults to en_US if it doesn't.
> >
> > Was there supposed to be a patch attached? :-)
>
> Yes, I forgot it.

New patch on this mail.

> > > It seems to work on this URL:
> > > http://wwwdevel.pgadmin.org/docs/dev/bugreport.html?lang=fr_FR
> >
> > Um, that link gives me a bunch of PHP error messages. but the messages
> > are in french, so that part worked :-D
>
> Well, it seems a script fetches the new pages from the SVN repo, but gives
> them a 660 rights, for user and group root. So it doesn't seem to be
> readable. The en_US docs are 644, which is way better. But I don't know how
> to change this, I don't think I have the right.

In fact, I have the right with sudo. Done, it should be better and all the
french manual is now available on wwwdevel.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org
http://dalibo.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
i18ndocs.patch text/x-patch 1.2 KB

> Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 16:14:09, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
>>> Was there supposed to be a patch attached? :-)
>> Yes, I forgot it.
>>

> New patch on this mail.

>>> Um, that link gives me a bunch of PHP error messages. but the messages
>>> are in french, so that part worked :-D
>> Well, it seems a script fetches the new pages from the SVN repo, but gives
>> them a 660 rights, for user and group root. So it doesn't seem to be
>> readable. The en_US docs are 644, which is way better. But I don't know how
>> to change this, I don't think I have the right.
>>

> In fact, I have the right with sudo. Done, it should be better and all the
> french manual is now available on wwwdevel.

Yeah. I recall having that issue when I did postgresql.org web work ont
hat machine.

However, I think it outlines the fact that the patch needs more error
checking, because dumping raw PHP error output into the browser is Not A
Good Thing....

//Magnus

Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 17:47:39, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> >> Yes, I forgot it.
> >
> > New patch on this mail.

> >> Well, it seems a script fetches the new pages from the SVN repo, but
> >> gives them a 660 rights, for user and group root. So it doesn't seem to
> >> be readable. The en_US docs are 644, which is way better. But I don't
> >> know how to change this, I don't think I have the right.
> >
> > In fact, I have the right with sudo. Done, it should be better and all
> > the french manual is now available on wwwdevel.
>
> Yeah. I recall having that issue when I did postgresql.org web work ont
> hat machine.
>
> However, I think it outlines the fact that the patch needs more error
> checking, because dumping raw PHP error output into the browser is Not A
> Good Thing....

Yes, that's right. The patch I have now does not really satisfy me, but I
don't know how I can get a better solution. Anyways, get a look at the patch
attached, and tell me if you were thinking about something else.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org
http://dalibo.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
i18ndocs.patch text/x-patch 1.4 KB

Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 21:56:50, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 17:47:39, Magnus Hagander a écrit :
> > Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

> > > New patch on this mail.

> > > In fact, I have the right with sudo. Done, it should be better and all
> > > the french manual is now available on wwwdevel.
> >
> > Yeah. I recall having that issue when I did postgresql.org web work ont
> > hat machine.
> >
> > However, I think it outlines the fact that the patch needs more error
> > checking, because dumping raw PHP error output into the browser is Not A
> > Good Thing....
>
> Yes, that's right. The patch I have now does not really satisfy me, but I
> don't know how I can get a better solution. Anyways, get a look at the
> patch attached, and tell me if you were thinking about something else.

Sorry, wrong patch. New one attached.

Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 22:14:12, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> Le dimanche 29 mars 2009 à 21:56:50, Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :

> > > Yeah. I recall having that issue when I did postgresql.org web work ont
> > > hat machine.
> > >
> > > However, I think it outlines the fact that the patch needs more error
> > > checking, because dumping raw PHP error output into the browser is Not
> > > A Good Thing....
> >
> > Yes, that's right. The patch I have now does not really satisfy me, but I
> > don't know how I can get a better solution. Anyways, get a look at the
> > patch attached, and tell me if you were thinking about something else.
>
> Sorry, wrong patch. New one attached.

No more comments on this patch? can I apply?

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org

On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
<guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:

> No more comments on this patch? can I apply?

No objections here.

--
Dave Page

Le dimanche 05 avril 2009 à 20:30:42, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
>
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
> > No more comments on this patch? can I apply?
>
> No objections here.

OK, commited. Thanks.

--
Guillaume.